Mac tutor, mac training, PC tuition, tutor, norwich, East anglia, North norfolk, Computer help, Computer advice, Computer tuition, tuition, computer repair, fault finding, Software upgrade, Printing problems, Sorting photos, Norfolk, Retro, cloud, setup email, configure email, Manage junk, Remove bloatware, Network testing, security, antivirus
Do you have a computer problem? Please give me a call...
My name is Tom. I'm a freelance computer tutor, programmer and fixer of things that beep. And even some that don't.
I can help you with Mac, Windows, Linux, iOS, and Android issues.
I'm local - if you live in and around North Norfolk, but I do travel a radius of about 20 miles of Swanton Morley. (So that includes as far south as Banham, as far east as Bircham Newton, north up to Wells and west out to Hoveton), so quite an area really.
I charge £30 per hour if I'm fixing computers or giving tuition. If it's website design and coding you require, this is more tailored to you so has to be costed depending on your requirements.
What else do I do? Here are a few examples. This can be about installing updates, letting you know about software problems that have been discovered, and best practices to prevent you being a target of online fraud.
Basic computer skills
- Use your computer confidently
- Organising files on your computer
- How to sort through and order your photos
- Setting up a new or existing email address
- Sync your email between mobile, computer, or tablet
- Managing junk email, or moving email between email accounts
- Make a complete offline copy of all your emails
Managing your data
- Storing and retrieving items from the cloud
- Backing up your files
- Securely obfuscate, erase and re-wipe your computer
- Recover files after a system failure
- How to synchronise your various bits of technology
- Managing and securely storing your passwords
- Removing bloatware or trialware
- Backing up your software
- Software version control
- Software licence management
Internet, Wi-Fi, Ethernet and Intranet issues
- Network troubleshooting
- Internet connection issues
- Network testing and security / IOT security
- Software and hardware vulnerability testing
- Network vulnerability testing
- App design and concept (iOS / Android / Mac / Windows / Linux)
Upgrading your computer
- Computer Hardware upgrades
- Setting up a new computer
- Software upgrades (What upgrades will fix and what they will break)
- Clone your old computer to a new one
- Safe disposal of your old computer
- Personal computer tuition in your own home
- Printing problems / fault finding
- Computer startup problems
- Incompatible software and possible workarounds
- Outdated, or non functioning software and alternatives
There are many more aspects that I can help you with, so this is just a small example of what I do.
In fact, if there is something wrong with your technology don't feel you have to put up with it.
I go to a huge variety of people, of all ages and of all walks of life. It's never too late to learn something new - there's new things happening each and every week. That's not to say you need to know it all. As long as you can achieve what you want with your computer equipment, that's mission accomplished. If you choose to expand on it and take it further, that's absolutely great. This no pressure approach is what I try to provide.
- computer tuition
- website design
- updates and upgrades
- manage your email
- setup your computer
- backup or restore
- network troubleshooting
- network testing
- internet security
- vulnerability testing
- app design / prototyping
Schedule of training availability for the next few days. (Please be aware, this automatically updates and changes every day).
Any dates shown in grey are fully booked. Anything in orange is available though.
If you'd like to book a time on one of the days above, please get in touch via phone, text message or email. Many thanks and I look forward to seeing how I can help you.