Etch is a photo organiser for the Mac. There's a version for older intel Macs here (which is a 32bit version). There is a newer 64bit version for OS X 10.7 and above (tested up to OS X 10.11 and should work with Mac OS 10.13 plus) here too.
The goal of this software is to create a photo manager that runs on anything from the oldest intel mac, through to new macs running Mac OS 10.13 and above.
Etch costs £4.99. Payment is via PayPal through the app itself. You will be emailed your registration details. They are specific to you and your installation. You will receive all future updates for free once you've got your activation details. The demo version will be fully functional except for a nag screen and is only capable of displaying 5 albums.
- Made delete warning much more visible
- Added a sort order toggle button
- New App icon
- Improved photo rendering using graphics card
- Improved Application speed
- Slightly faster Application launch time
- faster refresh after photo rotation
- Etch now shows filenames underneath each photo
- Click the filename to directly rename the photo
- expanded vertical padding between thumbs for more of a gap
- Fixed a few minor dialog glitches
- Adjusted height of main window to help clear Dock
- Use tooltips framework to show mini alerts
- Added a 'free rotate' option
- Adjusted style of buttons to use less room
- Fixed a typo in my code (a single space - oops)
- First non-beta release
- Much improved startup time
- Fixed glitch on status count when generating previews
- Generates previews faster
- Fixed loop at startup if preferences not set
- Reduced CPU usage when previewing files
- Fixed rendering glitch on crop information text
- Clicking 'Unsorted Photos' now correctly lists them
- Fixed most annoying UI element positional glitches
- Increased button area for low resolution monitors
- Fix initWindow(null) position error
- Fix recursive function loop error
- Fix glitch with extended Mac OS system dialog
- Last beta version
- Ensured compatibility with Mac OS X 10.6.8
Works with OSX 10.6.8 upwards. Please choose the correct version for your processor (32bit or 64bit). The processor must be an intel one.
If you have any suggestions, please get in touch via email. Many thanks.