text text text text
text
text I then spent hours tidying up under the wheel arches. A new plate was welded in alongside the inner sills as this had corroded. This was required on both sides of the car. The rear diff, axle and springs were removed.

I later found I had to replace the axle as the gears in the rear diff were badly worn and produced a knocking sound when the axle shaft was rotated.

I decided to fit a different back axle as the pulleys shown here for the handbrake cable were liable to seizing. I had to do some research to find this, but at the time Ford had re-called a lot of MK1 capris to fit a different type of handbrake assembly as this type had proven to be unreliable.

I had to find a new back axle, rear diff and leaf springs...

go to first page back next